Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Breakin' the Rhythm

Some illustrations from my spring classes:



The point of this piece of the skeleton sandblasting his own head down was to make a band poster but we had to also incorporate a childhood memory, which was one heck of a sure fire zinger. I narrowed it down to Tom Waits and my fondness for those balsa wood dinosaur skeletons. They always seemed to break or split apart when you were putting them together. Wood glue should have been an accessory with the purchase.


I had put this piece on the duckbangstudio blog but I figured I'd put something somewhat new on here besides caricature sketches. I was picking articles on my own to illustrate for a portfolio class. I think this piece came from a Newsweek article about stories in the news that are exaggerated and sensationalized but have no substance or reliable answers.

No comments: