Monday, December 1, 2008

Adrian Shine


I saw this guy on a documentary I watched about Loch Ness on the Travel channel and I knew I had to draw him. Check out all that hair! Problem was I didn't know his name, so I figured it was hopeless that I'd find any photos of him or any info on him. Well, by some strange stroke of luck I found out what his name was and what he did; Adrian Shine is a researcher at the Loch and has written over a dozen books about the environment/life of the area. He was initially drawn to the lake because of Nessie but after years of research believes it was either a hoax or is dead. He uses the creature as a jump off point for getting people to understand the region and how the lake affects the surrounding area. I think I remember reading he built his own submarine years ago to do underwater research!

No comments: