Tuesday, May 14, 2013

You are TERMINATED.











These 3 pieces were going to used in this collaborative project where all these illustrators would do a few spoof sideshow posters and then they'd be arranged on the wallets like a giant wall advertising a coming sideshow. But, I think my excitement for the project became public knowledge, which inevitably caused it's termination. It's hard when a project you really want to work out and spend a lot of time on ends up getting tossed out. It's happened a few times and It'll always be something that bothers me for a few days after I get the news.

I originally only had to do the black and white versions because the art directors were going to be taking care of the color and designing a specific border to be used on all the illustrations, but I decided to color them all myself so the project wouldn't feel unfinished to me. Enjoy the two versions and the thumbnail sketches.

No comments: