Wednesday, December 18, 2019

New Year, New Venue, Same Great Party!


Welp, here we are folks, the end of 2019 and the beginning of 2020 and it means one very important thing is coming our way: The 13th Annual NY NIGHT TRAIN NEW YEARS BALL! This baby is going to sell out fast so get your tickets ASAP. An added bonus to all this is Jonathan Toubin and Co. have gone and opened up a new venue, T.V. EYE, for the big night, plus many more amazing nights, and it sounds like it is going to be a doozy of a place. 

I hadn't given it much thought but now that I am being inundated with end of year/decade lists at every second, it's made me reflect on my first full decade of being a part of the illustrator working force. A lot has changed, and a lot has not changed. I'm going to kick back, reflect on what all this means, where I'm headed, what new and interesting ways I can wear white tees with blue jeans, and hopefully I can compile a list of some of my favorite pieces from the last 10 years. But, for now, enjoy my final piece, I think, of 2019 and of the 2010's.




Ahh, yes, that moment where you get stuck at a spot in the piece and are a little nervous about what way you are going to push this forward. At first I totally imagined this blue gradient and then it began taking so long around all the text I knew I had to change gears. I figured I could fade to black but where on the piece was really giving me some trouble. Luckily I had the baby, rocket, moon, fireworks and daddy long legs to help obscure any shortcomings I might give away on fading the blue into black. 


No comments: