Thursday, June 16, 2016

Soul Clap Tour Poster


This year's Soul Clap and Dance Off poster output has been a fun adjustment. Last year I was crankin' out one a month, which is totally fun and challenging, but it's been nice to sit with these a little longer and take my time. Now that Jonathan isn't doing the Brooklyn Bowl venue anymore I have been working up posters for bigger events or finding a way to use a poster multiple times, like the one above. Jonathan mentioned he needed to update his tour poster and we really went through some revisions on this one and took our time to find something we really loved. In the end, it's one of my favorite images I've made for him so far, and The Mighty Hannibal works great as a genie. 



These are a small sample of the sketches I worked up for this project. The train seemed like a good idea in the beginning but ended up sort of bland and obvious. I still wanna find something for that dashboard hula girl.





You may notice a slight difference on the bottom of this image from the one on the top. Some people are just too weird for the dance floor.

No comments: