Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Mount Thingmore


I missed getting this posted before President's Day but a day behind can still be considered timely in this case, I think. I've decided that we need to revamp Mount Rushmore in honor of a very important event that occurred in my life on President's Day when I was about 10 years old: My first viewing of John Carpenter's The Thing. So, here is my proposal for the iconic monument's new look, 4 key figures involved in making what is easily one of my favorite movies of all-time. From left to right we've got John Carpenter, Kurt Russell, Rob Bottin and Ennio Morricone.  We may even need to consider adding a fifth head to honor Keith David. Him and Kurt Russell share, what has to be, one of the most discussed and analyzed endings in horror movie history.


No comments: