Friday, May 15, 2020

Influencing in Quarantine Times



"Just Trying to Justify My Existence to a Bunch of Strangers"
14.5 x 19.5"

I started making this piece right before shit hit the fan back in March. It was originally intended to be about the complete lack of class influencers have when it comes to selling themselves and others out on social media. Now, seeing how our government has decided to throw small businesses overboard, I feel like this just sums up how the majority of us are feeling while money for small business is being offered up to companies who surely don't need 20 million. As much as I criticize social media, I kinda wonder, would these companies have given that money back if they hadn't been publicly outed for digging so deep into a relief fund for companies with fewer than 500 employees. Hmmm. Anyways, the influencers are still out there being tacky as hell through all of this.





No comments: