Saturday, October 10, 2020

Cozy Royale: Lobsters and Mobsters


Over the summer I was contacted by my old pals at The Meat Hook, a butcher shop in Brooklyn, about working on an illustration inspired by old mobster movies that would hang in their new restaurant COZY ROYALE. Their only direction was "lobsters and mobsters" and gangster movie posters and I got to work on some thumbnail sketches for them. 




After review, it was decided that sketch #3 would be the one to go to final. At first it felt like it was going to be a dead end, and I had a few false starts, but after pushing and pulling the composition and perspective a bit it finally began to take shape and I actually started feeling a bit more confident in how it would turn out.






And here's the finished product. Just moments after tightening up the last couple details. Thanks again to Kaitlin at The Meat Hook for asking me to be involved in this project. With everything going on in the world right now I'm glad that I'm still able to collaborate with good people who are doing good work, trying to have a positive impact on the world and give so much of their time and energy to enrich our lives. Cozy Royale is open for business and located on the corner of Humboldt and Jackson in Williamsburg. 



No comments: