Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Soul Clap & Dance-Off at Spare Room


Here's a new one I whipped up right after I completed the Haunted Hop poster. With all the busier looking posters I've been making lately I decided to get back to the minimal look that we used to have for the Soul Clap posters. I had mimicked this aesthetic before for one of Jonathan Toubin's posters I made for his elsewhere residency back in 2018 and wanted to take another run at it. Plus it helped with the quickly approaching deadline I had.

Jonathan is currently touring the west coast and will be stopping at the Spare Room in Portland, OR on November 11th. Tickets are $10 and the dancing will go from 8 til late. And, in case anyone is curious, I based this drawing off a classic pic of Portland's own, Ural Thomas. Process pics below.






 

No comments: