Friday, December 9, 2022

NYNT 14TH Annual New Years Ball


The year is coming to a close so it's about time to start preparing for the NYNT 14th Annual New Years Ball..fingers crossed we make it there. After everyone's parties were cancelled in 2020, besides some high profile people who felt they didn't have to adhere to public safety measures, we were so certain it was going to happen in 2021. I made a poster. We promoted the show. And then ol Omicron shut the whole thing down at the last minute. But this year feels different. I think we'll make it to this one.

I had to quickly whip this one up due to some line-up changes that led to a complete redo of the poster (I'll share the first version later) and since NY's own The Mystery Lights stepped up to save the day I shifted the concept from the previous poster to fit them a little better, hence the UFOs, or whatever you think those floating orbs of light are out in Marfa. I tried a little more dry brush this time around instead of just pencil and dip pen and I really enjoyed the different textures it created for the pants, shirt and hair. The classic soul revue posters have always been the source of inspiration for these posters and after 8 years of make these I like that they are getting closer to the source material while still maintaining their own specific identity. 

This will 100% without a doubt sell out so get those tickets now if you wanna ring in the new year at your friendly neighborhood bar TV EYE with party ringleader Jonathan Toubin and a host of killer bands and dee jays.

And, of course I slapped Party Moon up in that right corner of the poster. Goin straight to the source.









 

No comments: