Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Soul Clappin in Nashville


My Newest Soul Clap & Dance-Off poster for Jonathan Toubin's gig at the Brooklyn Bowl in Nashville on July 22nd. I decided that even though I've used Tina Turner a few times already on these posters we had to go with her since she recently passed away and Tennessee is her home state. Plus, she is just the Queen and one of my earliest childhood music memories.

More and more I've been trying to make these posters mimic the heyday of color/black & white soul revue posters while still crafting them in the way I like to. This one got very close to some diy kinko's cut and paste flier or zine. I've done close to 70 of these posters so I'm continually trying to push myself to keep the process fun and change them up enough so people don't get bored of looking at them. This feeling is usually fleeting but, this poster is one of my new favorites.








 

No comments: