Saturday, December 17, 2022

Preliminary Sketches



Over the last year I've had a growing desire to get back into painting on my free time so I've been gathering photos, both digital and film, of possible subjects I want to work on through the cold winter months. This is a small selection of places I'm strongly considering and some preliminary sketches. 

The first two photos are from my day trip through Holbrook, AZ, a very interesting and surreal place, and the last 2 are from Rochester, NY and Durham, NC. The restaurant in Durham, NC was my cousin's place and they sadly had to close their doors due to a terminated lease back in the fall. Rumor on the street is the building will be demolished for...you guessed it, luxury apartments. I know, same old story everywhere right now. We figured we should immortalize the beloved restaurant and the building that housed it since they both will no longer exist in downtown Durham.







 

No comments: